Civil, Corporate, Commercial Transactions, Litigation and Arbitration
Antonio’s area of expertise covers in-depth all aspects of private law, including civil law, commercial law (distribution agreements of goods and services, franchising, and corporate law), as well as criminal law and arbitration. He is a distinguished PhD graduate from University Paris-Dauphine in France, where he was recommended unanimously by the jury of defense as candidate for the price “Chancellerie des universités de Paris – la Sorbonne”
Throughout his career, Antonio handled some key projects for Lebanese institutions and international organizations, like UNDP Lebanon, where he carried out legal research for implementing the United Nations Convention against Corruption and to modernize the public prosecution offices; and ACRLI (the Arab Center for Development of the Rule of Law and Integrity). He also contributed to amend the law relating to the formation of the Constitutional Council in Lebanon, the law of expropriation, and the law dealing with penal procedure.
Antonio gained further experience in conflict resolution through arbitration and negotiation, helping to resolve disputes between businesses for many years.
He speaks regularly at conferences, and has contributed to several publications on private law.
Antonio is also a lecturer in several universities in Lebanon, teaching commercial law, general and special criminal law, and negotiation techniques to for post-graduate students. He writes law annals for students, and serves as jury member for PhD thesis defense and thesis supervisor.
Antonio joined the Beirut Bar Association in 2003.
- PhD in Private Law, with high distinction – Université Paris-Dauphine, France, 2012
- Master’s Degree in Commercial Law and Franchising with high distinction – Université Montpellier I, France, 2007
- Master’s Degree in Private Law and Research – Université Saint Esprit Kaslik, Lebanon 2007
- Bachelor Degree in Lebanese Law – Université Saint Esprit Kaslik, Lebanon, 2002
- Bachelor Degree in General Law – Université Saint Esprit Kaslik, Lebanon, 2002
Arabic, English, French