With its long and deep expertise in the music industry, Eptalex provides legal services to performing artists, record companies, music songwriters, publishing companies, concert companies, festival organizers, digital platforms and others who are involved in creating, using or exploiting music (e.g. advertisers, motion picture and television producers, production companies, broadcasters, online music services…).
Our music lawyers frequently handle various types of music deals including:
– Songwriter agreements.
– Performance agreements.
– Artist recording agreements.
– Touring agreements.
– Publishing agreements.
– Mechanical license agreements.
– Agreements between artists and managers and agents (Management agreements).
– Acquisition and exploitation of music catalogs.
– Synchronization license agreements.
– Sponsorship and endorsement agreements with performing artists.
– License agreements for the use of music television, radio, advertising, film, video games, live theater, mobile devices and digital services.
– Copyright assignments.
Lawyers who practice in the music area assist music users in determining what licenses are required for a specific activity and from whom those licenses should be obtained. This includes analyzing the application of existing laws and negotiations with performing rights organizations and other rights holders.
Attorneys in the music practice area also advise clients in connection with copyright litigation.